Some inspiration for outdoor floors: floors for pooldecks and for the garden
During the spring and the summer, the garden and the pool area come to life to offer the family some relax time and a cosy place for conviviality moments. The garden and the pooldeck floors have therefore to guarantee some specific features: in addition to the aesthetics, they have to be resistant to water penetration, frost, temperature changes, wear, foot traffic and weather conditions. They also have to be easy and quick to maintain.
Questi sono gli elementi su cui è importante riflettere attentamente al momento dell’acquisto di pavimenti per giardini, cortili o piscina. Ideal Work® offre pavimenti e rivestimenti per esterni dalle elevate proprietà tecniche ed esteticamente innovativi, personalizzabili negli effetti, nei colori e nelle textures, per integrare la pavimentazione per giardini al complesso abitativo.
These are the elements worth considering when choosing a new garden or pooldeck floor.
Concrete floors for gardens and walkways
The floors for gardens and walkways should always be chosen according to the house’s style: if it is a country house, the garden floor should be suitable for the traditional and natural context; if it’s a modern minimalist style villa, the floor could be a modern surface able to match the decor’s geometric design.
If you’re looking for some ideas for your garden’s floor, Ideal Work®’s solutions are perfect to create a concrete garden floor or outdoor walkway are several:
– Stamped concrete reproduces the design and the texture of stone, bricks, ceramic or wood with a great neutral and pleasant effect. It’s a perfect solution for outdoor residential areas, garden floors, pools and spas. Thanks to its monolithic structure, this surface is much more resistant than interlocking floors. Furthermore, it is suitable for vehicle traffic without the risk of indentations or settlement. The absence of joints eliminates the problem of weeds growing between single stones. Stamped concrete keeps its original features intact over time and its maintenance is easy and quick: it just needs to be swept and washed.
– Sassoitalia® brings back the great Italian tradition of “washed pebbles”. It is particularly suitable for historic and landscape contexts subjected to landscaping contraints because it is made of natural materials produced locally, which allows for an excellent landscape integration. Sassoitalia® can be applied with a minimum thickness and it’s therefore ideal for restructuring. It’s an original garden floor because it can be customized by choosing among several local aggregates, different shapes (round, crushed, various sizes), different colours and combinations with other materials such as marble, bricks, washed pebbles and stone. The aggregates ledge makes the surface rough and slip-resistant, ideal for the creation of ramps, steep roads and north-facing sidewalks.
– Acid Stain is created using particular acids from metallic salt compounds which penetrate into the concrete and react with the free lime, chemically changing the colour to produce unique and permanent variegated effects that give the floor a bright and modern look. Acids are not subject to fading, spoiling, cracking or peeling and therefore acquire the same durability and strenght as concrete. This surface guarantees a high resistance to abrasion, water, weather conditions and vehicular traffic, since its thickness is calculated according to the traffic density and therefore the stress the surface will have to undergo.
– Rasico® is a decorative seamless concrete solution whose peculiar design is created by the use of a trowel. This decorative technique creates a dynamic effect that can be customized according to the desired final outcome. Its minimalist look highlights the natural materials it is combined with, the nearby architectural structures and the decor of the surrounding context, whether it is a garden of any other external area. With its low thickness (3-4 mm) it can be applied to both existing and new surfaces and to renovate the space in a short time avoiding all demolitions. For this reason it is particularly suitable for restructuring interventions, terraces and balconies. The quick installation makes it possible to walk on Rasico® just a few hours after the application. It can also be used for pooldecks thanks to its slip-resistant and fall arrester performance. Available in 29 standard colours.
– Stenciltop is a decorative concrete coating that allows to renovate and embellish the already existing concrete garden floors without removing them by decorating their surface through the use of a paper stencil. This technique allows to create custom-made decors such as corporate logos, artistic decors and stylised images. The quick implementation and the surface’s fast hardening make the installation time short, convenient and with the minimum discomfort. In just a few millimeters thickness it’s possible to obtain new sidewalks, crosswalks, pooldecks, walkways and access ramps. It is also possible to obtain a slip-resistant, smooth or antique-looking surface according to one’s own taste. The protective treatments applied at the end of the installation process make the surface extremely resistant to abrasion, oil, water, weather conditions and UV rays.
Today there are so many types of floors for pooldecks, all customizable with a number of different effects to perfectly match the house’s style and the surrounding context. For example, in a naturalistic context a stone effect or a washed pebbles pooldeck will make the pool look like a peaceful heaven; on the other hand, in a residential area with modern apartments it will be more suitable to choose a contemporary and minimalist pooldeck flooring.
Ideal Work® offers several solutions to create a beautiful and performing pooldeck floor:
– Rasico® is a decorative seamless concrete solution whose peculiar design is created by the use of a trowel. This decorative technique creates a dynamic effect that can be customized according to the desired final outcome. Its minimalist look makes it ideal for pooldecks with an essential design. It’s a slip-resistant and fall arrester surface. Available in 29 standard colours.
– Ideal Work®’s Artificial Rocks allow to create artificial rocks, slides, fountains, pooldecks and other decorations for theme parks, water parks and spas, but also for fireplaces, arches, stairs, door and window frames. Perfect for those who look for particularly original garden floors and pooldecks. Shapes and sizes can vary a lot: there is no limit to the applicators’ creativity. Thanks to the special composition of the base plaster, the obtainable decorations are impact-resistant.
– Stamped Concrete recreates the design and the texture of stone, brick, ceramic and wood floors, with a great neutral and pleasant effect. It is therefore ideal to embellish pooldecks and spa areas and to give them a rough and natural look. The seamlessness prevents the weeds from growing between single stones, making Stamped Concrete perfect for a tidy and well-kept garden floor. Simply swept and washed, this floor maintains its original features intact over time.
– Sassoitalia® brings back the great Italian tradition of “washed pebbles”. It is particularly suitable for historic and landscape contexts subjected to landscaping contraints because it is made of natural materials produced locally, which allows for an excellent landscape integration. Sassoitalia® can be applied with a minimum thickness and it’s therefore ideal for restructuring. Sassoitalia applied on pooldecks gives neutrality and elegance to the environment, especially if it is naturalistic.
– Microtopping® is a contemporary innovative solution with a great esthetic appeal that allows to create fine seamless surfaces. Thanks to some specific treatments, Microtopping acquires a high resistance to abrasion and heavy traffic, to water penetration and thawing salts and an excellent resistance to UV rays and weather conditions which make it suitable also for external applications such as garden and pooldecks floor.
Features and advantages of a concrete floor
Choosing one of Ideal Work®’s floors for pooldecks or for the garden means choosing an innovative and extremely elegant floor with great technical features. With Ideal Work® it is in fact possible to renovate the outdoor floor without the discomfort of a building site: thanks to their minimum thickness, Ideal Work®’s garden floors can be applied directly over the pre-existing surface without demolishing it. Thanks to some specific treatments, they become resistant to water, chemical agents, weather conditions, frost, traffic, heavy loads, stains and mould; for an intact beauty over time.
Available in endless combinations of textures and effects, Ideal Work® floors for gardens and pooldecks offer free rein to customization according to one’s own style and needs.
Some examples of floors for pools and gardens
Renovations according to landscape constraints, lakefront walkways, touristic hotels squares… here are some examples of Ideal Work®’s floors applied to gardens and pools!
Montecatini – Refurbishment of Country Houses
Near the village of Massa e Cozzile (province of Pistoia), which dates back to medieval times, a small collection of farmhouses on the hillside was the subject of a restoration project, which also included the construction of an eco-friendly, weather-resistant outdoor swimming pool. For this implementation Sassoitalia® has been chosen in a mixture of Straw and Sand Color Mix, in order to guarantee the country houses’ total blend with the landscape.
Scenic route in Lazise
Ideal Work® took care of a scenic route in Lazise, on the Garda Lake, covering a large surface of walkways with refined, elegant stamped concrete floors for a natural effect.
La Cascina Hotel
Geometric designs and customized rosette structures: Stenciltop and Stamped Concrete have been used to cover the walkways and the pooldecks of this hotel in Sicily.
Private Residence Latisana
This residence surrounded by nature needed a floor for its pooldecks able to match the naturalistic context: Stamped Concrete has therefore been chosen in a two shades stone effect to give the garden a great vivacity.
Private Residence Cittadella
Stamped Concrete has been chosen here to cover the pooldecks of this private residence located in a residential area of Cittadella: a peaceful heaven to relax.